Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mark at the UN




Hi friends!

After some high-level dealing and shaking with my boss, I’ve managed to scamper off from work for a week, in order to do something some of you may wonder whether I should be given more time to do:

I’m going to blog.

But this time, it’s actually going to be about something other than that the life of Mark. It’s going to be about the life of Mark, and 60 other youth HIV activists, at the UN’s High Level Meeting on HIV/AIDS in New York City. I’ve been given the title of “Youth Web Correspondent,” which is formalese for “Young, Angry Polemic Blogger.” Seriously though, I’m absolutely stoked to be given this outlet for articulating the needs and demands of my generation at such an influential gathering.

Rather than flood inboxes, I’ll point you to the Reproductive Health Reality Check, which is where my postings will be updated with some regularity.

I am hoping to acquire a microphone, through which I may be able to record a podcast of youth voices from the summit. I’ll work on vlogging (video log) next time!

Hope all is well, feel free to send some thoughts on youth empowerment and global health and HIV/AIDS if you’ve got a minute…I know it’s what most of you think about during your spare time anyway. ☺

Live from the concrete jungle of Manhattan,
Mark

No comments: